As part of Culture Kent’s research, we asked Deeson to provide us with Personas & Use Cases for the types of users that will potentially use our Events open data source. In turn, they identified six Personas and explained their corresponding Use Cases. This series of blogs will highlight each one in detail according to their behaviour & motivations or responsibilities, goals, challenges, and interests.
In the previous two posts, we discussed two different types of users who will potentially use our Events open data source. In this post, we consider a third Persona & Use Case, this time the ‘Strategic Planner’. Here, a ‘Strategic Planner’ is anyone who plans events, such as an Events Schedule Director. This is someone who might rely on past statistics and audience feedback to improve upcoming events.
People who are ‘Strategic Planners’ might state:
“To have a coherent picture of what’s happening and where would help us plan more effectively”
What are their responsibilities?
• Scheduling and planning of events
• Developing income generation
• Audience development
• Building strategic partnerships
• Showcasing art & culture
What are their goals?
• Increase national and international recognition
• Transform Kent – people and places
• Position Kent as ‘culture county’
• Boost the local economy
• Increase community well-being
What are some of the challenges they face?
• Benchmarking against similar institutions
• Evidence based planning
• Resources – becoming more sustainable
• Reliability of data
What are they interested in regarding an open data source?
• Audience data inc. behaviour / motivations
• Data dashboard
• Evaluation data of events
• Data-led ways to target funding
• A holistic picture of county wide events
• Becoming smarter as a sector
Does this sound like you or someone you know? Leave a comment to discuss!
This post is made possible by the work done by Deeson in Canterbury, Kent. We truly appreciate their hard work and collaboration with Culture Kent.
Read the previous post: What Types of Users Will Find Culture Kent’s Open Data Source Helpful? Personas & Use Cases(part 1): Culturally Curious
Read the previous post: What Types of Users Will Find Culture Kent’s Open Data Source Helpful? Personas & Use Cases(part 2): Strategic Thinker