As part of Culture Kent’s research, we asked Deeson to provide us with Personas & Use Cases for the types of users that will potentially use our Events open data source. In turn, they identified six Personas and explained their corresponding Use Cases. This series of blogs will highlight each one in detail according to their behaviour & motivations or responsibilities, goals, challenges, and interests.
In the fourth part of our series on the types of users who will potentially use our Events open data source, we discuss another Persona & Use Case, the ‘Event Marketer’. An ‘Event Marketer’ is an employee responsible for advertising events held by their organisation, or someone who owns or manages a venue that holds events, specifically a Cultural Marketing Manager. This person is in charge of increasing the event’s audience, an important task that depends upon spreading the word beyond their existing audience.
People who are ‘Event Marketers’ might state:
“Is there an opportunity to collaboratively work on getting event information out to a wider audience?”
What are their responsibilities?
• Working closely with schedules to plan marketing budgets and activity
• Promote and market events across the local area using a variety of methods
• Build good relationships with performers and support them in promoting themselves
What are their goals?
• Increase marketing activity reach to promote events to new audiences
• Increase attendances at events across all types; comedy, theatre, arts, etc.
• Enhance reputation as an inspiring arts centre and encourage community participation
What are some of the challenges they face?
• Limited marketing budget
• Targeting the correct audiences for the correct types of events
• Sharing commercially private data in a safe and non-damaging manner
What are they interested in regarding an open data source?
• Collaborating with other institutions who understand the problem the sector is facing to bring data together
• Getting ‘what’s on’ information out to a wider audience more easily
Does this sound like you or someone you know? Leave a comment to discuss!
This post is made possible by the work done by Deeson in Canterbury, Kent. We truly appreciate their hard work and collaboration with Culture Kent.
Read the previous post: What Types of Users Will Find Culture Kent’s Open Data Source Helpful? Personas & Use Cases(part 1): Culturally Curious
Read the previous post: What Types of Users Will Find Culture Kent’s Open Data Source Helpful? Personas & Use Cases(part 2): Strategic Thinker
Read the previous post: What Types of Users Will Find Culture Kent’s Open Data Source Helpful? Personas & Use Cases (part 3): Strategic Planner